Guest Post by Judy Larson
Beginner Series Part 1
I finished teaching my last set of summer classes yesterday. The students thought it would be a good idea to send you the class tutorials in the order we use them, starting with beginner ones and work up to the more advanced ones rather than a few here and there.
In class, we start with the basics. The first wire project is a strung bracelet with wire wrapped loops and jump rings done many times so students become comfortable with the techniques. This fun bracelet that jingles lightly when you move. It does not really matter if all the wire wrapped loops are not perfect because you do not really look at them. You look at the bracelet as a whole. Then we go on to earrings. By that time students can easily create a set of matching earrings and are amazed at how easy they are and, of course, how cheap they are to make.
When students first start, they do not have a "stash" like we do so I supply students with kits to make the bracelet and earrings. Most usually purchase extras after completing the projects because they
turn out so well.
- More about Judy here.
- Please check this past post on How to Download Free PDFs from Scribd for instructions on how to transfer Judy's tutorials directly to your computer or mobile devices. It has been updated to also include information for Apple devices, Android phones and Kindles.
- Email and RSS subscribers need to click on either the tutorial link below (to download directly from Scribd) or the post title to return to the blog for downloading from the embedded tutorial.
How to Make Wire Wrapped Loops
2. Multi-Gemstone Charm Bracelet Tutorial
How to Make a Multi Gemstone Charm Bracelet
3. Cascading Pearls and Crystals Earrings Tutorial
How to Make Cascading Pearls and Crystals Earrings
More Tutorials by Judy
- Wire Wrapped Coin Pendant or Key Chain Tutorial
- Beautiful Twisted Wire Cross Pendant
- Glass Pebble Cabochon Pendant Tutorial
- Two Easy Wire Wrapped Bangle Tutorials
- Spring Garlands Wire Wrapped Earrings Tutorial
Original Post by THE BEADING GEM
Jewelry Making Tips - Jewelry Business Tips