I don't think you need to be a bride to wear this elegant all pearl tiered necklace. The tutorial designer is Rebecca over on My Girlish Whims. The use of brooches to connect the tiered strands below with the back pearl strands is what makes this monochrome design pop!
Although Rebecca didn't mention it, this necklace is perfect for converting into smaller pieces of jewelry if you consider :
1. Making the back pearl strands as simple bracelets with lobster claw clasp. For the full version of the above necklace, reverse one of the strands ie connect its lobster claw clasp at the brooch end.
2. Add a lobster claw to one side of the tiered section. It can be clipped onto the brooch pin. So this section of the necklace can be worn separately as a shorter one - with or without the separated bracelets.
The same convertible idea can be made with any necklace - beads, chains etc!
Before You Go:
- Wear a Brooch as a Bracelet in a Flash!
- Interchangeable Necklace Idea
- How to Make Interchangeable Earrings Tutorial
Original Post by THE BEADING GEM
Jewelry Making Tips - Jewelry Business Tips