There are so many ways to make wire flowers. As you can see from the links below, I love sharing the ideas. This triple wire flower necklace tutorial is by watchmefly on Instructables. I like how she layered two tiers of wire work which gives the design more depth. The bottom petals are flat but the those in the top layer had the tips bent slightly up.
She used a sketched diamond shape on paper to help form consistent wire petals. Use suitably sized mandrels if you wish to form round ones.
20 G was used for the frame. I prefer to use 18 G. The thicker wire is not only stronger but will look more defined. Also note the use of 26 G wire to wire wrap the large petals together. Leave the flowers plain or wire wrap in beads. Your choice!
Before You Go:
- How to Make Wire Flower Earrings Tutorials
- How to Make Wire Looped Flower Jewelry Tutorials
- How to Make French and Victorian Beaded Flowers
- Bead and Wire Flower Pendant Tutorials
- How to Make Wire Flower Earrings Using a Mini-Loom
Original Post by THE BEADING GEM
Jewelry Making Tips - Jewelry Business Tips